Sunday 9 March 2014

Chapter 21

One step closer

“Jennifer! Jennifer! Wait!”
Jennifer did not turn. She started to pick her steps. She could her footsteps following behind her as well.
So from walking briskly, she started to run.
She went up the flight of stairs because the lifts were occupied and there was no telling if she could make it there on time.
The footsteps increased.
“Jennifer wait! Stop running!”
She heard the voice getting closer.
She made a turn to the left. There was a long corridor with a parade of flower vases. There were a few couples sitting down and probably discussing life issues. Jennifer did not care. She breezed beside them. Some of them jumped at her appearance and quick movement.
Three men followed almost immediately.
She could feel her heart beating hard. She felt she might trip as oxygen was moving quickly in and out of her lungs.
She went through the kitchen. She shoved people off her path as she made her way through. At one point, she tripped almost knocking down a woman carrying a bowl of flour.
“You dey craze?!” The woman yelled at her.
“Hey, hey, this place is restricted area. Only staff members are allowed…”
The man had not finished speaking when three men entered the kitchen. All dressed in black. They looked mean.
For a moment, they looked around trying to decide which way she had taken. When the saw her making her way through the exit door, they followed suit.
“Hello gentlemen, this is restricted area. I will call security.”
The men did not act like they heard anything. They just made their way through the kitchen in hard pursuit.

Jennifer made her way into a small room where they kept the cleaning equipment. The light was switched off. She scrambled through making a little noise as she possibly could.
Some bowls and bucket rattled. She stayed still. She was breathing heavily. She felt a sharp pain in her chest. She leaned over a little.
Then, the three men passed by.
When she could not hear anything anymore, she stepped out of the room. She walked in the opposite direction.
She got to the lift and joined the queue. She was looking everywhere with her eyes opened wide.

“She couldn’t have gone far. She will either use the lift or the stairs.” One voice came from the rare that startled Jennifer. She almost froze where she stood. She gently turned her head and when she saw that the men were getting closer, she took to her heels again.
They followed.
People began to mumble as they saw the scene that passed by them.
Jennifer or the three men pursuing her did not hear anything said.
“Jennifer stop! How long would you continue to run? Why don’t you stop so we can discuss this…?”
She did not hesitate a bit. She just kept running.
Coincidentally, Fela and his friend were walking the same path. They saw Jennifer running towards them.
The two men jumped.
“Hey, hey, hey slow down. Slow down.”
She just ran past them.
The two men saw three men in pursuit and tried to stand in the way.
“Wait gentlemen, what’s going on here?” Fela tried to ask.
One of the men just shoved him aside. He shoved him aside so hard he hit the wall. Fela cowered under the pain.
His friend started to yell. “What’s that now?”
He grabbed one of the men by the cuffs. The man yanked his arm off the grip and sent a blow flying. It landed directly on the Fela’s friend’s face.
The young man staggered and fell. He lips began to bleed.
Fela jumped to his feet in anger and threw a punch at the same man. The blow hit the man on his left ear. The man stumbled and fell. He squealed.
Then, one of the men grabbed Fela’s both arms opening up his center. The third man punched him in the belly. Fela screamed. Air rushed out of his lungs. He stumbled and fell.
“You guys should not get involved in something that is none of your business.”
The three men rushed off leaving the two young men on the floor squirming in pain.
The man who had received a blow on his left ear kicked Fela before he turned to walk away.

Jennifer has made her way out of the hotel. She blended in the crowd using the rush as her cover.
She moved quickly looking at her back as she did. She wondered what went on with Fela and his friend.
When she had walked past the gate, she saw five men rush out of the hotel. They began to scan the crowd; looking frantically in all directions.
She walked past the security at the gate. At the left turn, she saw a small shop where people were going in and coming out. It was about 10:35pm and it seemed like something was going on inside.
She joined in the frenzy.
It wasn’t a shop. It was a drinking bar.
It seemed she caused a stare. When she walked in, everyone seemed to notice her. She ignored them and looked for an empty seat.
There was an empty seat far back. It didn’t look like a lot of illumination got to that part.
She liked it. It was a perfect spot. She walked quickly to the seat and sat down.
“Hello pretty…” One man said. He was rolling his eyes at her.
She ignored him.
One of the bar attendants walked up to her and asked, “What can I offer you?”
“Anything she wants in one me…” The man puts in quickly.
“I’d call you shortly. Nothing for now.”
“Ok.” The attendant said and walked away.
“So what is your name?” The man would not take her mute attitude as a no-no.
She put her hand in her pocket and brought out her phone. She went through her contact list. She wanted to find one of her clients. Someone she could trust. Then, she stumbled on the chief’s number.
She hesitated for a minute. Then, she pushed the dial button.
The phone barely rang before the call was picked.
“Hello.” Jennifer said.
“Really? You are calling me yourself…?” The Chief responded.
“Please tell your men to stop chasing me. I will bring your money to you…”
There was a loud laughter on the other end of the call. “You must be very stupid. You think you can get away with my money? I will hunt you down and kill you…”
“I said I will give you back your money; just tell your men to leave me alone…”
There was a bleep sound. The call was ended.
When she rose up her head, the stranger was looking at her.
She looked away.
“Are you in some kind of trouble? You can talk to daddy here.”
She ignored him.
“From the look of things, I can see you need help. I want to help you…”
She looked at him. He looked concerned.
“I need to get out of here” she said.
“Oh, I see. What’s wrong?”
“It’s a long story.”
“I have all the time in the world.”
“Where is your car?”
“It’s outside. Not far away from here.”
“Can we leave now?”
“But of course.” The stranger smiled.
 “I’m hungry though…”
The words had barely found its way out of her mouth before the man waved at one of the attendants.
“Hello.”
A female attendant walked towards them.
“Please give this lady anything she wants and do hurry up.”
“Yes sir.” The attendant said smiling.
Jennifer could see from the attendant’s reaction that she had shared a bed with this stranger.
The stranger pulled out a one thousand naira note and put it gently in her breast pocket.
“Thank you sir.”
She walked briskly away.
Jennifer smiled. This is definitely going to be a way to freedom.
Men who love anything in skirt are often the easiest catch. She smiled.
“Thank you.”
“Don’t mention…”
The stranger picked up his glass and drank from it. He kept his eyes steadily on Jennifer.
He liked her. No, he loved her.

*          *          *
“This music is not doing you any good Sukanmi.”
“Egbon, it will pay off eventually…”
“How long do we have to wait?”
“Not too long. The industry is ripe for plucking.”
“Oh yeah?”
Sukanmi nodded.
“I’m worried about this path you have chosen. How I wish your father was alive. He would beaten sense into your head. ”
“But egbon Wole, when I begin to cash in, you won’t say these things ooo.”
“When you begin to cash in…? What kind of English is that?”
“I mean when I begin to get money from this music you won’t remember all these things you are saying anymore.”
“Whatever. So, what brings you to my office?”
“I need money.”
Wole laughed.
“Wait, don’t tell me you need money for your music…?”
“Yes actually…”
“You must be joking. I don’t have any mousic money right now.”
“But egbon me pls I beg you…”
“No Sukanmi. I don’t have mucis money period.”
“Egbon, would you loan me the money, I will pay you back.”
“You don’t have a job. How would you pay me back?”
“I really need this money. I’m working on a song with PJ…”
“God Almighty… you young men of nowadays… You have your heads in the clouds constantly.”
“Egbon mi, PJ is dope. She sings like beyonce and she’s really a sort after artiste. One track with her will boost my career. Egbon pls…”
Sukanmi was on his knees now.
“Sukanmi, I will tell you as a brother should, PJ of no PJ, music is not meant for everybody.”
“It might not be meant for everybody, but I was made to do it… Pls egbon Wole. You are the best egbon in the world.”
Wole knew no matter what he said, he could not shake his brother away.
“So how much are we looking at?”
“Egbon mi, I just need 85k.”
“What?”
“Egbon mi, the whole thing would cost me 150k. I have 65k already.”
“Jesus Christ! Sukanmi, 85k is not small money oooo.”
“Egbon mi, I will pay you back. I promise.”
“When?”
“When my music hits and I start getting calls for shows.”
“And that in terms of time is…?”
“I can’t say but give or take three months.”
“Three months you say….?”
Sukanmi nodded.
“If I don’t get back my money in three months, don’t ask me for any other music money again, ok?”
“No problem.”
“Ok.”
Wole brought out his cheque book and scribbled eighty-five thousand naira.
When his brother reached out to get it, he held on to it. Looking directly at his face, he said, “three months.”
Sukanmi nodded.
“Yes three months.”
Immediately he got the cheque, he jumped to his feet.
“Egbon thank you. You will like the song I promise you.”
“What is it called?”
“True love. True love featuring Chindy.”
Wole smiled. “True love. Ok.”
“It will make it to the top ten hits on its first week of release.”
“Mhmmm.”
“You will see egbon Wole.”
With a large smile and wide shinning eyes, Sukanmi left the office.

Wole leaned back on the chair. He crossed his legs across the table.
Somewhere at the back of his mind, he knew he would be very glad if his younger brother’s word came true. He needed some kind of stir right now. It seems nothing seems to have happened in a long time.
He smiled.
His phone rang.
It was Paul.
“Hey Paul, whats up? Compliments of the season.”
Same to you. How are you?
“I’m ok. Thanks to God. Whats up?”
The consignment for the tile finish for my apartment is here…
“Oh yeah?”
Yeah. The truck just pulled in now. Boy, these tiles are beautiful.”
“I told you. I knew you will like them.”
Thanks a lot. My wife can’t wait for the ones that will be used in the kitchen…Men, baba, you rock! I love these things. Why don’t you come around?
“Ehm… Not sure I can get out of work right now.”
I knew. Just thought I could try.
“So did they come with the guys who would fix them for you or you have some guys to help fix them?”
“They had some guys come to help fix them.”
“Ahh… that’s good.”
“Yeah. So what’s been happening with you? ”
“Well nothing much. My younger brother just popped in on me for money to produce a song… ”
“That’s Sukanmi abi?”
“Yes ooo. Help me pray for that boy… That boy will finish all my money ontop this music matter”
There was a laugh on the other end.
Well, I think you should just encourage him. Honestly, its better music than web scam… Unfortunately, it would be very difficult to discourage him from it. The money these young guys are making from music and entertainment today would woo any youngster…”
“Lord have mercy. He believes so much in this one he is working on.”
Just encourage him and don’t stop praying for him.”
“Do I have a choice? Na me be him popsy naa.”
So, you just do your best to help him keep his head in check.”
“Do you know any Chindy…?”
Who is that?
“Obviously, you don’t listen to Naija music…”
I do sometimes. Some decent ones sha…”
“So you don’t know Chindy…?”
Oh, I know Chindy. Thanks to my wife. She says the girl sings like Beyonce. She sings well.”
“Ok. Suknami was all over the place about her. He so believes in the next work that he got me convinced.”
Let’s keep our fingers crossed.”
“Abi.”
*          *          *
The back of the restuarant was busy. There were people moving back and forth clearing dishes and washing pot. Work was done for the day. And it was a busy day. One of those days that kept everyone on their toes. Customer came in in droves. It almost looked like everyone was hungry today.
“Lord, today was something else…” Francis said to his sister while she helped clear up the tables.
“What happened this week?” She said.
“I don’t know. But I pray it continues.”
“Maybe it’s the festive season. People have money to spend.”
“Yeah, maybe.”
“We thank God.”
“Yes ooo.”
Christine walked on to join the ladies at the back of the restaurant.
Francis held his hand together. He looked up at the ceiling.
God, thank You so much. You are wonderful. Thank you for this blessing. Thank You so much.
“Ah, ah…”
He stopped to turn to face the woman in charge of the girls cooking.
“Aunty Joke…”
“Thank God oo.” She had a smile on her face.
“Yes.”
“We don finish for back.”
Francis understood what that meant. He walked into his small office. It was a small space that could only contain a table and two chairs.
He went round the table and pulled on the small drawer. He pulled out an envelope and handed it to the woman.
She collected it but did not look at it. She kept her gaze on Francis.
“Aunty Joke. I know what that look means. You have not even opened the envelope to know how much is inside it.”
She felt the envelope with both hands and smiled. It felt bulky.
“Thank you aunty Joke. See you tomorrow.”
“Yes oo.”
She danced as she walked away.
Christine walked in almost immediately. She had a smile on her face.
“She is really excited.”
“Yeah she is.”
“I have paid the girls. You need to see how excited they were when I told them they are getting 2,000 naira extra for job well done.”
“Eyah.”
“It’s good to pay your staff well when business is good. It will make them want to be part of the business.”
“Yeah it’s a principle we should keep up. Aunty Joke would come back tomorrow with much enthusiasm.”
“Yeah she will.”
Francis pulled out a bunch of notes tied together with rubber band.
He pulled off the rubber band and handed it to his sister. He pulled out more and handed them all to her.
They started to count together.
When they were half way through, Christine stopped and looked at her brother.
“What?” he said.
“I don’t know how to say this.. but…”
“why? What is it?”
She looked away as she could not keep up his stare.
“come on Christy, don’t kill me here…”
“Ok. Ok. My boyfriend has proposed.”
Francis acted like he did not hear what she said.
“Sorry, what did you say?”
“Yeah, I know…”
“No, I didn’t get what you said.”
“I just said my boyfriend proposed to me yesterday.”
She raised her hand so he could see the ring.
“Oh my God!”
“Oh, you got it now…?”
“Wooow! I don’t know what to say.”
She picked up counting from where she had stopped.
Francis stood up and held his hand akimbo.
“Just like that?”
“I don’t understand”
“You are going off just like that…?”
“It’s a proposal not a wedding…”
“Its all the same thing. What else is left?”
“Come on Francis, are you happy for me or what?”
“Of course, I am.”
He reached out to her as she stood up and hugged her. His eyes were teary.
He held on for more than a minute.
When he finally let go, he wiped his eyes with his cuff.
“Are you crying Francis?”
“No, its tears of joy. I wish mama was alive to see this day.”
“Yeah. I really wish same thing too.”
“Christy, I’m really happy for you.”
“We agreed that we would get married when I get back from my service.”
“Oh, that’s so nice. I’m glad. The guy is a good guy. I know he would take great care of you. I’m so happy.”
“Yeah, thank you. We have 78,250 naira here. How much have you counted?”
“I will have to start again. I missed my count.”
“Here, let me help you.”
He handed the money to her.
After a few minutes, she handed the money to him.
“There’s 33,450 naira there.”
“Thank you dear. So like we agreed, we would invest 50,000 in the property. 20,000 naira goes to the bank. Then, we would reinvest the rest in the restaurant. Here have 15,000 naira for yourself. You deserve it for a job well done. ”
Christy looked surprised. “That leaves us with 26, 700 naira?”
“Yeah. And all that goes into foodstuff and drinks.”
“And what do you get?”
“Don’t worry about me. As long as this restaurant moves forward, my reward will come soon.”
“So keep investing my share too in the restaurant.”
“No, Christy I want you to have it. It’s a gift. This restaurant is here today; thank God for you.”
She smiled.
“Ok, if you insist.”
He counted 15,000 naira and handed it to her.
“Thank you.”
“Pls help me pay this into the bank on Monday.”
“No problem.”
Christine looked at her brother’s face. He looked sullen.
“Francis, what is it?”
“What do you mean?”
“Its written all over your face…”
“What is written on my face.”
“I know the news I just broke to you didn’t seem to go down well…”
“Come on, not that.”
“So what is it?”
“To be honest, I’m really proud of you. And I’m sure mama would be proud of you too. It just that…”
She raised her eyebrow
“I'm seriously going to miss you when you go for service only for you to come back and you are going down the aisle. It’s a lot to dig…”

“Who dey here…?” A man shouted.
They both jumped on their feet. Francis pulled all the notes and pushed them in the drawer. He locked it quickly.
He was barely out of his office when she called back, “Oga, we don close ooo.”
When he stepped out, his sister in his wake, there was a old man sitting in the restaurant.
He looked very tired and weak.
“Oga sorry we don close.”
“Una get something wey I fit drink at least. Thirsty wan kill me here.”
Christine went to get him a glass of water.
When he had drunk the water, he looked at both of them in turns and said, “Make una sidon abeg.”
Christine looked at her brother. He looked back.
The man looked familiar but they both could not tell why or whom he was.
They sat down.
“I hear say una mama don die.”
They nodded.
“I be una papa.”
*          *          *
Two men in familiar black jackets walked towards the bar. Jennifer could tell that one of them was Martins; by his stature and the way he walked.
idris caught the direction of her eyes and asked, “Are those men looking for you?”
“Yes.”
“What did you get yourself into…?”
“it’s a long story. Can you please start the car? They would be out any second and I’m sure someone would have told them we just left.”
Idris agreed and started the car. The headlight flared up. It outlined two men walking towards the car.
They were walking fast. Idris pulled out. He drove straight in their direction. The two black jackets jumped out of the way.
As the car drove by, one of the men hit the car. Idris ignored and just drove into the dark night.

Martins held his hands on his waist and stared into the dark sky.
“That bitch escaped.”
“Let’s follow the car.”
“How? Our cars are parked in the hotel’s parking lot. We wouldn’t see them by the time we pull out.”
“We could use a cab… “
”They would be long gone by now.”
“What do we tell Chief?”
“I don’t know. Shit!”
“All hope is not lost. Let’s ask people at the bar. Someone might just know their whereabouts.”
The two men walked back into the bar.

“So do you want to tell me why two men looking like armed robbers were after you?”
“I ran away from home.”
Idris looked startled.
“Why?”
“I don’t want to talk about it.”
“Oh... but why would a cute girl like you run from home? That baffles me. If I were your father, I would turn the earth upside down to find you.”
“That’s exactly what my dad is doing?”
“Did you run away with his money?”
“Why?”
“The other time at the restaurant, I overhead you saying I will return your money just tell your men to stop following me…”
“Yeah. I took some money when I ran away.”
“How much?”
“A lot.”
“So is he looking for you because of the money alone or he want to see you too?”
“He is just after his money.”
“It must be a lot of money…”
She ignored him.
“So where did you keep the money?”
Jennifer looked at him. She shrugged.
“You don’t know…?”
“I don’t know.”
“How don’t you know…?”
“Ok, Idris are we going to talk about me all through our journey back to wherever you are taking me or is there something else we should be talking about. I mean, I don’t think my shit is any of your business.”
“Yeah, it’s none of my business.”
“So where are we going?”
“My house at Surulere. Or would you rather we go to an hotel?”
“No. I’m done with hotels for now. You are not wearing a ring but I don’t want to assume...”
“No, I’m not married; divorced actually.”
“Oh ok.” Jennifer nodded.
Idris reached over with his right arm and touched her on her shoulder.
“Relax, you will be fine with me.”
She just shrugged.

Her phoned buzzed. She picked it up. It was the Chief calling.
“Hello.”
I can see you are smarter than I had earlier assumed or is it just pure luck? I will find you Jennifer. I promise you. I will find you and I will do thing to you you only imagine. For your own good, just bring me my money and I will let all of this go.
“why are you threatening me? You fell for a cheap scam and now you are blaming me for been so naïve…”
Oh that’s it now. Now you’ve grown balls uh? I see.
“Your money has gone with the wind and stop throwing empty threats.”
The chief laughed. “Empty threats you call it uh? Ok. Just pray really hard tonight. Tomorrow may not be so lucky for you.
Jennifer hung up the call.
Idris pulled his car up the Adeniran Ogunsanya drive.
He pulled the car over but left the engine running.
“I dpont know what deal you got yourself into and like you said its none of my business. However I have a feeling that this thing would back fire. The way I see it, this man whoever he is is really after you. so you need to give me some leverage here.”
“All you want from me is to get into my pants Idris and nothing more. So get the melodrama over with and let’s go abeg. If you are having cold feet, just drop me off. I will find my way.”
“Ok well said, please leave my car.”
Jennifer looked at him with a bewildered glare. “What?”
“I just said leave my car.”
“And what am I supposed to do afterwards…?”
“None of my business.”
“Are you for real?”
Idris pushed the central lock button.
“Ok, wait. I actually did not mean all I said. I wasn’t thinking…”
Idris pulled some notes out of his pocket and headed it to her.
“Here, that’s 5,000 naira. That should help you get some place safe.”
Jennifer wanted to talk but when she saw the expression on Idris’ face she held her peace.
She took the money and got out of the car.
Idris pull out and drove off.

Jennifer stood on the curb and just watched as cars were just blowing by. It was getting late and safe for the street light, she was alone to herself. She started to walk. She had hoped the night would just end well with her sleeping on some lovely bed after such a long time. In the past few days, she had not be sleeping well. She had on one occasion slept off at a bar. No one knew she was there until they came cleaning the next day. Her hair was rough and her feet hurt.
She pulled of her shoes and walked on her barefoot. Some cars passed by honking as they did.
One black Cherokee passed her then started to reverse. When it got close to her, the driver wind down the glass.
“Hello pretty. Where are you off too?”
She ignored him.
“It’s getting late and you could get ambushed and raped. I’m just a gentleman trying to help a sister out.”
“I’m no harlot.”
“I know. That’s why I pulled over. You don’t look like one. Come on hop in”
She looked at the car. It was only the driver that was in it. She moved closer. He pushed the door open . Jennifer helped herself into the car.
“Hi, I’m Kingsley.”
“I’m Keisha.”
“Nice to meet you Keisha. So where are you going?”
“Honestly, I'm just looking for the nearest hotel where I can spend the night. Need an early start tomorrow.”
“Ok. There’s one hotel just around the corner.”
“Thank you.”
“Or if you don’t mind, I could take you to my place. No strings attached.”
The guy was cute. He looked like the son of some wealthy senator. He looked primp and proper and he smelt good too.
She wouldn’t mind adding him to her clientele.
“Do you have anything to eat at home?”
“Uh, not sure but I could order in anything you’d like to eat.”
“Ok good. Your house will be fine then.”
Kingsley smiled. Nice catch, he thought.
*          *          *
As Idris drove into his compound, a small black car followed him in.
He parked his car and turned off the engine.
He pulled the key out of the ignition and opened the door. Like a movie two men were by his side. They were holding guns. Each of them had a gun.
“Don’t say a word.”
Two other men pulled on the door at the passenger’s seat and look inside. It was empty.
They pushed Idris towards his side of the apartment. Everyone else was indoor.
There was loud music coming from one of the apartments of the first floor.
Gentlemen, please what do you want?” Idris pleaded with them.
They just shoved him forward.
“open your door and no false move. I promise you if you dare as much as move your feet in a different direction, I will shot you.”
Idris complied and obeyed as instructed.
When everyone was in, they locked the door.
“Where is she?”
“Who are you talking about?” idris was confused.
One of the men slapped him so hard his head spun. He feel over on his sofa.
“we are not here for jokes. You know who we are talking about.” Martins stepped closer to Idris.
“I will ask you one last time and then I will put a bullet in one of your knees.”
“I have picked up two girls tonight…” Then it struck him. Jennifer.
When they saw his expression that he understood what they were asking him, Saheed said, “Jennifer sounds familiar?”
“Yes. I dropped her off a long time ago.”
“Why and where?”
“I just sensed bad luck around her.  She was speaking to someone on the phone and they were going back and forth with threats. I just didn’t like the sound of it so I dropped her off. I dropped her somewhere in Adeniran drive. I don’t want any...”
Before he could gather his thoughts, he got another slap. This time it camefrom behind him. When eh spurn over. He got kicked many times.
“Why did you drive off? Huh, because you wan follow ashewo sleep, abi?”
Idris started to plead again. Two men dragged him up to his feet. Martins walked up to him and whispered in his ears, “You almost ran over my legs at the bar, you remember?”
“I… I…am so sorry.”
Martins tapped him on the head.
One of the men went into his fridge. He looked inside it and after a few seconds pulled out two bottles of Heineken. He handed one to Martins.
I dirs. Was looking from face to face. He had no idea who this men were but looking at their demeanor, the looked like men who had taken other people’s lives.
He shivered.
“So what do we do with him?”
“Sit down.” Saheed instructed Idris. He had a bottle of Heineken in his hand.
Idris sat down without a fight.
“Do you have her number?”
“I didn’t get to ask her but I gave her my card.”
Saheed and Martins exchanged glances.
One of the other men went to the fridge and when he had looked in, he pulled out a can of Sprite.
“So it doesn’t look like you are going to be of any use to us?”
Idris pleaded. Words failed.
“She is likely going to call you sometime soon…”
“I don’t think she will…” idris replied.
“Why?” Martins asked calmly.
“our last encounter wasn’t the kind that meant I wanted anything to do with her.”
“The Jennifer I know will call you back. If she hasn’t gotten money from you yet, she would come back. She is a greedy fool.”
Saheed cocked his eye. He looked at Martins.
One of the other men alked up to Martins and whispered some words into his ears.
Martins smiled.
“We have intel on which school your daughter attends…” He let the words linger off.
Idris shook his head.
“What do you want me to do?”
“When she calls you back make sure she comes to your house and keep her here until we get here. Is that clear?”
“Yes…”
Martins walked close to him and said, “I have ears in your neighborhood. If I hear that you are trying to leave or run, trust me, we would be all over you like bees…”
All four men seem to move swiftly. Before long, they were out of the compound and disappeared.

Idris felt pangs of pain hit him under his left arm. That was the result of the kicks he got from the black jacket men.
He picked up his phone to call the police; his daughter's picture was his wallpaper. He paused for a minute, taking it all in... 
Calling the police might not be the best thing to do. God help me. This my randy ways has caught up with me... I really need to stop living like this. God please help me. 

****************************************
CHAPTER 22 Coming Soon
****************************************
Please note that this material is covered by International Intellectual Property Law. No part of this material whether in part or as whole can be used, copied, redistributed, or sold without the express permission of the author. Any violation of any kind, would call for due prosecution.

No comments:

Post a Comment